Why are adolescents susceptible to addictions?
Physiology of addiction.
What is addiction?
Stages of Addiction – Addictions and addictive behaviours.
How does addiction affect people’s minds?
Statistics for young people in the UK.
Risk and Protective Factors – Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Feelings association with addiction.
Behaviours associated with addiction.
Types of Addiction:
- Education for young people
- Alcoholism – CAGE test for addiction
- Assessment and interventions for children and young people who misuse alcohol
- Categories of drugs and their properties
New Psychoactive Substances (Legal Highs):
Treatments options for young people:
- Alcohol treatment programmes
- Drug treatment programmes
Motivation and addiction.
Feedback and conclusions.
- Duration: Half day
- Course Title: Adolescent Addictions
- Course Ref: