Fire Warden Training
- Overview of the role of a Fire Warden.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005:
- Brief history of fire safety legislation.
- Main requirements of the Act.
- Key roles and responsibilities.
- Glossary of terms.
Principles of Fire Risk Assessment:
- Key elements of a Fire Risk Assessment.
Science of Combustion and Fire Spread:
- Triangle of combustion.
- How fires start.
- How they can be extinguished.
- How they can be prevented.
- How fires can spread.
Video – “Front Room Fire”.
Hazard Spotting and Rectifying:
- The main causes of fire in the workplace.
- Recognising risks in specific work environments.
- The importance of good housekeeping.
Exercise – “What risks are there in your work environment?”
Procedures During a Fire:
- Raising the alarm.
- Calling the fire service.
- Ensuring full and safe evacuation.
- Effective role call.
- Liaison with the fire service.
First Aid Fire fighting (small fires):
- Selection and use of appropriate fire extinguisher.
- When and how to use a fire extinguisher.
Video – “Extinguishing Fires at Work.”
Fire Safety Installations: –
- Fire alarm.
- Automatic fire detection (AFD).
- Monitoring agencies.
- Secondary lighting.
- Testing of systems.
Fire Safety Checks and Records:
- Fire Safety checklists.
- Staff Training.
- Fire Safety Records.
Exercise – “What should be included in a Fire Safety checklist for your workplace?”
Video – “The Role of a Fire Warden.”
Summary and Evaluation.
- Duration: One day
- Course Title: Fire Warden Training