About This Course
This course provides awareness of the 5 principles of Mental Capacity Act.
To ensure students can understand the principles involved with and awareness of the 5 principles of Mental Capacity Act.
Welcome and introduction, followed by:
- Able to Understand the principles of assessing capacity & best interests
- Able to Understand role of IMCA
- Awareness of overlaps with legislation (children and Mental Health)
- Information about LPA & Advance decisions
- Practical scenarios to recap key points
Duration: 1 day
Certificate: Certificate of completion provided
Course Title: Mental Capacity Act
Course Ref: HC014MCA