Mental Health in the Workplace
About The Course
A recent review* (October 2017) states poor mental health costs employers between £33 billion and £42 billion a year, with an annual cost to the UK economy of between £74 billion and £99 billion.
Gateway Training’s Mental Health in the Workplace course helps large companies to :
- Develop mental health awareness among staff members
- Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling
- Provide employees with good working conditions and ensure they have a healthy work life balance and opportunities for development
- Monitor employee mental health and wellbeing
Course topics for discussion include :
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- How to spot symptoms of mental health issues in the workplace
- Non judgemental listening skills
- Supporting employees to remain, or returning to the workplace
Course duration : 1 day (6 hours)
Maximum no. of delegates :