Safeguarding Children & Adults at Risk of Harm – Level 4
About The Course
Our two day Safeguarding Level 4 course is designed to build on the knowledge gained from previous qualifications. Safeguarding Level 4 covers all aspects of child and adults at risk protection, focusing on investigation processes between the police and Social Care.
We also offer Safeguarding Level 4 as an open course for individuals – please click here to see the next available open course dates.
Who Should Attend?
Safeguarding Level 4 is designed for named doctors, named nurses, named health visitors, named midwives (in organisations delivering maternity services), named health professionals in ambulance organisations and named GPs for Organisations commissioning Primary Care. This course is a must for anyone who works with children / young people and adults at risk of harm and may be involved in the protection process at a higher level.
By the end of the Safeguarding Level 4 course participants will be able to:
• Describe the role of the designated safeguarding children / adult officer and state key areas of responsibility
• Describe the key legislation and guidance underpinning the organisation’s policy for responding to concerns
• Decide what steps the organisation needs to take to ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people with whom it has contact
• State the blocks inhibiting children / adults at risk from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child who does disclose
• State blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to overcome these
• Make appropriate decisions about the action to take if staff are involved in an incident
• Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support
*All our Safeguarding courses cover the education and training principles set out in the recent publications : ‘Adults Safeguarding : Roles and Competencies for Health Care Staff : August 2018’ & ‘Safeguarding Children & Young People : Roles & Competencies for Healthcare Staff : January 2019’. You can see the full list of course competencies for our Safeguarding courses on the outline below.
- Duration: 2 Days (12 CPD hours)
- Max. delegates : 16
- Course Title: Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk of Harm – Level 4
For more information including full course content and competencies, please see the course outline here.