Training the trainer in Safeguarding of Children & Adults at Risk of Harm
About The Course
Our Train the Trainer in Safeguarding programme has been designed to provide support, and develop the knowledge and confidence of nominated trainers who are responsible for the delivery of specific safeguarding programmes that focus on Children & Adults at Risk of Harm.
The aims of this course are :
- To build confidence and provide support to trainers
- To understand the principles of adult learning and how environment and stress undermines learning
- To understanding what it takes to deliver a successful learning event
- To support the development of a competent performance in relation to the delivery of the specific safeguarding programme
Participants will be expected to undertake a Micro Teach exercise as part of this programme.
This course can be adapted to a one, two or four day format depending on the needs of your organisation.
By the end of ‘Train the Trainer in Safeguarding’ delegates will :
- Have a greater level of understanding about Safeguarding Children and Adults policy, procedures and the wider legislative framework
- Observe the delivery of Safeguarding Children / Adults Awareness training
- Undertake delivery of the Safeguarding Awareness Programme (Micro Teach)
- Explore good practice in training delivery
- Undertake case studies/activities that can be adapted to own service setting
- Identify good practice when dealing with difficult learners
- Evaluate and reflect on own delivery
- Have an opportunity to network and share practice
- Receive a Train the Trainer course pack
- Identify other relevant resources that can be used to support training
- Understand whistle blowing procedures and be able to interpret these for staff
- Become Safeguarding Champions within their own service
- Duration: Between 1 to 4 full days dependent on need (6 – 24 CPD hours)
- Max. delegates : 16
- Course Title: Training the Trainer in Safeguarding of Children & Adults at Risk of Harm
For more information including full course content, competencies and pricing, please contact us.