29th & 30th March 2021 | Safeguarding Level 4 | Online Training
Our two day safeguarding course is designed to build on the knowledge gained from previous Safeguarding qualifications. Level 4 Safeguarding covers all aspects of child and adults at risk protection, focusing on the role and responsibilities of the named professional for safeguarding, and develop the skills to carry out this role.
This course is a must for anyone who works with children, young people and adults at risk of harm and may be involved in the protection process at a higher level.
Suitable for :
The course is designed for named doctors, named nurses, named health visitors, named midwives (in organisations delivering maternity services), named health professionals in ambulance organisations and named GPs for Organisations commissioning Primary Care.
Timings : Both days will run 9.30am to 4pm
By the end of the course participants will be able to :
- Describe the role of the named professional and state key areas of responsibility
- State their own values regarding child and adult abuse and the impact of these on professional practice
- Describe the key legislation, guidance and research underpinning the organisation’s policy for responding to concerns
- Decide what steps the organisation needs to take to ensure the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk with whom it has contact
- Identify vulnerabilities that may put children and adults at increased risk of abuse; and recognise tools that can help to assess risk and therefore inform the protection process
- State the blocks inhibiting children and adults at risk from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child or adult who does disclose
- State blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to overcome these
- Make appropriate decisions about action to take if staff are involved in an incident or an allegation of abuse its made
- State what is likely to happen following a referral to social care and what further role Named Professional/DSCOs may have
- Explain the issues in connection with recording and sharing of information, including that of confidentiality
- Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support and safeguarding supervision.
Please note : This is a live online training course that will require group discussion and participation as part of the course. Delegates will need to have access to a pc with inbuilt camera, microphone & internet access.
Refunds, Transfers & Payment Options